Recipes

Friday, December 16, 2011

Quick and Easy 'No Bake' Cookies


When I was a child, the women in our family would set aside one day, close to Christmas, and spend that day together making cookies, candy, and all varieties of sweets. Unfortunately, as life often does, things changed. This tradition ended before I was old enough to learn my grandmother's recipes. So I decided to make a new tradition of my own, that my children can grow up with and hopefully cherish when they are adults. 
This week has found me busily baking, mixing, coating and tasting. And most of the foods I've been making this week have Chocolate in them, or on them. Because, lets face it, Chocolate and Christmas just go hand in hand. 

Between family dinners, School Christmas parties and the children wanting to sample every type of sweet I make, I have been very busy this week. Here is just one of the recipes I made this week:

No Bake Cookies

2 cups of white sugar
4 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup of milk
3 cups quick cooking oatmeal
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter

Boil together the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter for two minutes. Add peanut butter and stir until completely blended smooth. Stir in Oatmeal until coated completely. Remove from heat and drop by the spoonful onto foil. Let the cookies cool completely before moving them off of the foil. Store in an air tight container in a cool place.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you, I'll be making these this weekend. Sure to be a hit with the kiddo. A. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG you're speaking straight to my SOUL! My daddy used to make these for me and they are my #1 favorite cookie on the planet. I call them Monster Cookies, though...not sure why. But, they hardly ever make it out of the pan. I like to eat them when they're warm (aka scalding hot) and can't stay away long enough for them to cool LOL!

    ReplyDelete