Recipes

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Santa Fe Soup

What you will need:
1 lb hamburger meat, browned and seasoned to taste
1 can of corn, with juice
1 can of "Rotel" (Diced tomatoes and chili peppers)
1 block of Velveeta cheese
1 can of Ranch Style beans, or any of your favorite beans
1 bag of your favorite tortilla chips

Brown and season your hamburger meat, drain well. Put Meat, Corn, Rotel and Beans into a pot, and put over medium heat. Dice the Velveeta into small pieces and add to the pot, stirring frequently to keep it from scorching. When your cheese is melted, spoon mixture over bowls of chips and serve immediately.

This is a recipe my grandmother gave me a few weeks ago. I personally can not eat Rotel because of the tomatoes, so instead, I added a package of taco seasoning to the soup while I was waiting for the cheese to melt. It was very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment